If you’ve never competed in a DIFMB outfit scavenger hunt before, or are new to the DIFMB community, you can read about why we created the DIFMB app, and why we created outfit scavenger hunts. If you still have questions you can check out our general FAQ and our Scavenger Hunt FAQ. If you’re looking for tips on how to win an outfit scavenger hunt, you can check out our pro tips for winning scavenger hunts.
Saturday May 6th, 2017 @ 10:00 am – 6:00 pm Eastern
The theme of this scavenger hunt is “Casual Chic Commuter Comfort.” The goal of this outfit scavenger hunt is to find outfits that are comfortable to wear as you sit in traffic. Remember, you don’t have to buy the outfits (unless you really want to); you just need to try them on and publish them in the DIFMB app once the hunt begins.
$100 Visa Gift Card
How to Win
When the scavenger hunt starts, 10 outfits will be automatically generated. Outfits that are easy to find will have low points; harder to find outfits will have higher points. The first person to find and publish all 10 outfits in the DIFMB app wins. If no one finds all the outfits by the time the scavenger hunt ends, the winner will be whoever earned the most points the fastest. All outfits published will be reviewed by administrators in real time to make sure there is no cheating.
- Number of Outfits: 10
- Garment Types: Activewear, Blouse, Camisole, Capris, Cargos, Hoody, Jeans, Leggings, Shorts, Sweatshirt, Top, Yoga Pants
- Colors: Aqua, Blue, Gray, Green, Maroon, Navy Blue, Orange, Pink, Purple, Red, White, Yellow
- Materials: Cotton, Denim, Jersey, Linen, Polyester, Spandex
- Patterns: Vertical Stripes, Checker, Polka Dot
These are the Garment Types, Colors, Materials, and Patterns that are POSSIBLE, not guaranteed! All of these attributes may be used, or only a few – it is completely random. Outfits you publish in the DIFMB app must match one of the generated outfits on the list in order for you to score points.
How to Join
- Download the DIFMB iPhone app
- Enter your measurements so that you can upload outfits. We will send you a free measuring tape if you need one.
- Navigate to Scavenger Hunts: Swipe in from the right edge of the screen to reveal a menu and tap on “Scavenger Hunts”
- On the “Scavenger Hunts” screen tap on the “Public” Tab
- Tap on “Casual Chic Commuter Comfort”
- Scroll to the bottom, and tap either “Join” or “Spectate.” If you spectate you will get all of the notifications for the scavenger hunt, but don’t have to participate in finding outfits.
You will receive a notification when the Scavenger Hunt starts.
Playing as an Individual or Team
Scavenger Hunts are a “Winner Take All” game: only one participant will ever be declared the winner.
If you play as an individual, email your winner claim code (appears in red at the top of the Scavenger Hunt when you are declared the winner) to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will reply with the link for you to claim your $100 gift card.
If you want to play as a part of a team:
- Decide who is going to be trying on the clothes and uploading outfits to DIFMB. They will need to have all their measurements entered and should be familiar with how to enter garment details, take outfit photos, and publish outfits. You should trust this person to not run off with the prize money.
- Other members of the team hunt down outfits, and bring them to the person trying on clothes. This greatly speeds up the process of finding outfits.
- When the person trying on clothes wins, they send an email to email@example.com INCLUDING THE EMAILS OF ALL OF THEIR TEAMMATES. We will then equally split up the prize among the team up to a maximum of 5. For example, if you have the of 5 team members, each team member would get $20 of the $100 prize. Each email address will get its own link to claim the gift cards.
Finding outfits under pressure can be tough, but if you succeed, you get to keep all the prize money for yourself. If you want to take the pressure off and increase your chances of winning, you can connect with people on our Meetup group or Facebook event.
Where to play
We highly recommend being at a mall or shopping district when the scavenger hunt starts. If you are competing by yourself, you can start wherever you’d like. If you are a part of a team, you’ll need to agree on where to meet.
The prize money is nice, but the real reason people compete are:
- It’s a lot of fun – we guarantee it is the most fun you will ever have shopping for clothes.
- If you form and play as a part of a team, you get to meet new people and participate in a fast-paced social event none of you will ever forget.
- If you play as an individual, it is very competitive-especially if you are competing with teams. If you thrive off of competition, this is the way to play.
- When the scavenger hunt is over, even if you didn’t win, all of the garment details you found and entered are available for purchase by other DIFMB members, earning you a $0.50 finders fee whenever that happens.